If you’re like us, you spend a lot of time thinking about content marketing. It’s an intense and demanding task that isn’t for everyone. Nevertheless, the benefits of content marketing on a business are profound.
Today, not everything needs to be done manually. You need to work smart to get the best results.
And so, you should know how to leverage powerful content marketing tools, but not the kind of industry-wary tools that are limited and not powerful enough. You want something that’ll prove beneficial for your content marketing endeavors.
In today’s blog, we will be reviewing one such content marketing tool – Hemingway.
Content marketing tool review: What is the Hemingway app?
The Hemingway app is an online writing and editing tool. It focuses on identifying common errors that can degrade the quality of your content, such as confusing sentence structures, overuse of unnecessary adverbs and passive voice, etc.
How to use Hemingway editor for content marketing?
Hemingway has a powerful suite of features that can help you manage your content marketing strategy more effectively. Whether you’re just getting started or already have a large team working on content creation, Hemingway can help you plan and manage the process from start to finish.
- Improved readability
The Hemingway app helps marketers create clear, crisp, and easy-to-read content. It does this by taking into account the following:
- Content length
- The level of sentence complexity
- The level of sentence connectivity (for example, whether sentences are adjacent or not)
Here are a few things it analyzes using this data –
- Highlights complex sentences in red and suggests alternatives to make them simpler and easier to understand.
- Highlights adverbs in blue and suggests replacing them with stronger verbs.
- Identifies passive voice and suggests changing it to active voice.
- Counts the number of words in a document and displays a readability score based on the number of syllables per word and the complexity of sentence structure, among many others.
- Provides an estimated read time to draft content based on specific needs.
- Increased engagement
Content that is written well will make people want to spend even more time reading it because they enjoy how it reads. This increases your posts’ engagement rates because people want more of what they like!
The Hemingway app helps you easily identify passive voice by highlighting it and also suggests alternatives.
This tool is designed to help writers create direct yet engaging content. This helps keep readers interested and engaged with the content, leading to increased conversions and customer loyalty.
- Enhanced credibility
The Hemingway app is a great way to help your content marketing stand out from the crowd. It highlights common spelling mistakes, suggests corrections, and provides a list of frequently misspelled words.
The Hemingway app also offers a number of other features that can help you improve your content marketing. For example, it can highlight grammar and syntax errors, as well as suggest changes based on the words around them.
This helps writers produce error-free content, which can improve the overall brand credibility and reputation as an industry expert.
- Time-saving features
Hemingway app offers a range of time-saving features, such as the ability to save multiple drafts and integrate with popular writing and publishing platforms. This can help content marketers save time and effort, allowing them to focus on creating high-quality content that meets their marketing goals.
- Customizable interface
The Hemingway app has a simple interface, which makes it easy for anyone to use.
It also offers a range of customization options, including the ability to change the appearance of the interface and hide unnecessary formatting tools. This can help content marketers create a distraction-free writing environment tailored to their specific needs and preferences for the best results.
So, is it the best content marketing tool out there?
While the Hemingway app does come with its impressive array of features, not everything is great about it as well. We’ve identified a few cons of using this tool –
- You cannot save, import, or export your work in the free version; it’s just a simple web-based editor.
- The Hemingway app algorithm only focuses on a handful of grammar choices. When creating effective content, you need to be able to gauge all aspects of your writing; Hemingway cannot be of real value in such cases. For example, it regards every long sentence as an error that needs fixing. But, not all long sentences are bad choices of content. Sometimes, that’s just the requirements. Hemingway fails to recognize that.
- Usually, while the Hemingway app does identify issues/mistakes in your content, it doesn’t offer suggestions for how to fix the problem identified.
Hemingway for content marketers – features and pricing
Hemingway offers two versions –
Free Web Editor
This free version offered by the Hemingway app lets you analyze –
- Word count
- Readability score
- Passive voice
- Simpler alternatives to complex words
It also provides a simple set of formatting options such as H1, H2, etc.
Hemingway Editor 3 for Windows and Mac
This version is available for a flat price of $19.99.
This version provides all features offered by the Free Web Editor. In addition, it lets you –
- Use it anywhere without any internet connection
- Format your prose better
- Publish directly to WordPress and Medium
- Publish for the rest of the web by easily exporting your content as HTML or Markdown for your blogging platform or CMS
- Export to Microsoft Word or other editors
- Send Hemingway highlights to colleagues as PDFs
Should your brand use Hemingway for content marketing?
Content marketing is one of the most effective ways for brands to reach customers, boost engagement and increase sales. It’s also an excellentway to build your brand and cultivate relationships with your audience.
The Hemingway app is a good way to increase the number of leads you are able to generate, and it can be used for free. This makes it an ideal choice for business owners who want to boost their sales but don’t want to spend too much money.
However, it comes with its own set of drawbacks.
If you’re looking for expert guidance on content to grow your business, you can reach out to us at Contensify. We’ll help you go from selling your business to attracting more business with content marketing!