A marketing strategy – no matter how creative – is incomplete without analytics. As marketers you focus on how a campaign looks, but for the company, results matter. They want ROI from their investment.
How do you show the ROI? Through content marketing analytics tools. Counting likes and comments manually and then charts will take forever. Tools do the same in seconds.
Content analytics tools are laden with features to monitor your campaign performance. They count each like, share, dwell time, impressions and leads so you can present the ROI to the stakeholders.
We’ve compiled a list of best content analytics tools for marketers. Pick the one that suits you the best.
Best content analytics tools for your marketing efforts
Hubspot is an all-in-one platform that allows businesses to manage all aspects of their marketing, sales, and customer service efforts in one place. With HubSpot integrated analytics, users can measure their marketing performance vividly and make smarter, data-driven decisions.
- Hubspot’s marketing automation tools track lead behavioral events and various marketing touchpoints to flawlessly automate email campaigns, social media posts, blogs and other content channels.
- Hubspot plans SEO strategy with as-you-type optimization advice and that helps to measure real SEO ROI with integrated reports.
- With dashboard software, users can easily combine their marketing data and insights with their CRM and then deploy its action plan.
- The Salesforce integration in Hubspot tracks several metrics like emails open rates, CTA clicks, form submissions and do sales forecasting at fingertips. Further, users can utilize this data to score leads and create segmented lists.
- The dashboard exhibits engagement graphics from various social media platforms. After Hubspot, monitors brand mentions, relevant conversation touchpoints and also schedules social posts according to the audience’s peak online availability.
- Starter plan: $50/ month
- Professional: $890/ month
- Enterprise: $3600/month
Ahrefs is the top-notch SEO tool set to track and analyze content performance, also famous for its brilliant free resources and SEO blogs. It’s perfect for keyword research, competitor research, backlink strategy, and much more — a must-have for all marketers.
- The Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer lets users see monthly search traffic, keyword difficulty, clicks per month, and Cost per Click (CPC). With Ahrefs, you can filter countries or see global search volume in a single click.
- Its Content Planner allows users to find popular content on a specific topic and analyze its performance. With a database of 11 billion web pages from 171 regions, you can perceive prominent keywords that rank on google first page.
- Track backlink growth easily with graphs in Ahrefs. Ahrefs uses web crawling technology and infrastructure to help users compare year-on-year backlink growth — See who is linking to your website and the quality of those links.
- The top Subfolder feature in Ahrefs lets you see traffic for each page of your competitor’s website. It pinpoints the section on their website which is gathering the most traffic.
- Lite Plan: $99
- Standard Plan: $199
- Advanced Plan: $399
- Enterprise: $999
Buffer is one of the most prominent social media management tools that allow users to schedule and publish content across multiple platforms. So, users can focus on creating engaging content, while Buffer takes care of publishing and analytics.
- Buffers plan and publish on every channel in one simple-to-use dashboard. It automatically broadcasts posts, carousels and reels at the scheduled times, eliminating the need for manual posting.
- Buffer catches the crux of social media analytics. It includes metrics like post-performance, stories analytics, paid vs.organic results, and hashtag effectiveness. Next, users can get recommendations from Buffer’s team to grow reach, engagement and sales.
- Access content interaction reports and easily prioritize important conversations. Its pre-built machine learning technology alerts users about purchase-related questions or negative reviews — thus, ensuring their real-time problem-solving.
- Team collaboration: Work with in-house or remote teams to draft content ideas, get feedback, and refine content as a team. With Buffer, everyone’s posts will be shared within a preset schedule.
- Essentials plan: $5/month per channel
- Team plan: $10/month per channel
- Agency pan: $100/month for 10 channels
4. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free, easy-to-use web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Integrates with other Google business products, making it easy to access all data and insights in one place.
- Analytics’ real-time reporting allows monitoring website traffic with search visibility metrics and other crucial KPIs.
- Also, its automation tools track cross-platform attribution from customers. So, you can easily comprehend data and make strategies with several visitor metrics like page view, average page duration, traffic sources, and revenue attribution.
- Its customizable dashboard permits users to show the right data to the right people and delegate various tasks to teams. Later, track down audience information such as location, age, gender, interests and browsing habits to craft relevant campaigns.
- The other Google marketing solutions with Analytics provide a complete understanding of your marketing efforts and how to enhance them across different channels.
- Google Analytics includes a free and paid plan
- The free version user can avail immediately
- Meanwhile, the paid Analytics 360 plan is suitable for enterprise-level companies that need to negotiate with a sales rep over a call.
Buzzsumo is a powerful content research and analysis tool that allows users to track and analyze content performance across the social media landscape.
- Buzzsumo discovers and analyzes high-performing content from across social platforms. Users can replicate the blueprint of competitors’ intelligence and strategy to get more likes, shares and audience engagement.
- It identifies niche influencers and powers up your campaigns by accessing the number of followers, engagement rate, and content type the other party shares.
- Inside Google Analytics, users can examine the most shared content in the last 12 months or the last 24 hours and filter them according to audience preference. Also, it checks the platform your audience mostly hangs out on and pinpoints the accurate metrics you need to grow.
- With video marketing boon, it also comes up with the Youtube Analyser feature – which inspects video formats that work, the length of videos that get the views, and the titles that titillate.
- Free plan: $0
- Pro plan: $99/month
- Plus plan: $179/month
- Large plan: $299/month
Kissmetrics is a super web analytics and customer relationship management tool that helps businesses track customer behavior and engagement on the website.
- Kissmetrics tracks individual behavior across multiple devices and sessions, providing an overall customer interaction view from the website.
- Its funnel analysis feature lets businesses to set up and track user progress through specific conversion funnels, such as a checkout process or sign-up form.
- The cohort analysis feature provides insights into how users and customer behavior change over time. Which helps businesses understand how different customer segments interact with their websites via metrics like NPS, monthly unique visitors, and avg. first response time.
- A/B testing: Kissmetrics allows businesses to create A/B tests for different elements on the user’s website. It involves running simultaneous experiments between two or more variants of a website page.
- Basic: $299/month
- Pro plan: $499/month
- Enterprise plan: A bespoke fee is chargeable based on the organization’s custom requirement.
Databox is a one-stop for tracking and analyzing business performance. Assists users by collecting, storing, and analyzing data from various sources such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, and social media platforms.
- Databox’s data Integration allows users to connect and integrate data from multiple sources, including web analytics, social media, CRM, and more.
- In Dropbox, users can create a meaningful business dashboard in minutes and connect the specific metrics to form a list of the most popular metrics from 70+ data sources.
- The real-time and DIY data board provides an immersive look over key performance like conversion rates, Customer satisfaction score, Sales target % (Actual/Forecast) and much more — all without coding or spreadsheets.
- With its mobile app, users can access their content performance-related data and dashboards on the go.
- Free plan: $0
- Starter plan: $72/month
- Professional: $135/month
- Performer: $231/month
Plecto is a smart business performance platform that combines data analytics, gamification and coaching tools that helps businesses to optimize and accelerate their teams’ performance — helps churn expected content marketing performance and goals.
- Plecto’s real-time and customizable data visualization allows users to see business goal oriented performance with robust data boards. Accessible from TVs, desktops, tablets, phones, and smartwatches.
- Inside Plecto, users can elevate team performance with gamification features like contests, instant notifications, and achievements — so they can hone their skills effectively.
- Writing reports is made easy — Users can save hours with just a few clicks by choosing preferences and can directly receive the marketing reports in an email box in no time.
- Its automated alerts and notifications feature keeps users informed when certain metrics fall outside a predefined range — and allows timely and right actions.
- Medium plan: $220/month
- Large: $350/month
- Custom: A bespoke quote as per requirements
Supermetrics is a vigilant data analytics tool allowing users to easily collect, connect, and analyze data from multiple platforms, making it a one-stop-shop for data analysis.
- With Supermetrics, users can automate the process of collecting marketing data (e.g. SEO, PPC, social media, and web analytics data) from various sources in a single place. It saves time and reduces manual errors.
- The built-in data visualization allows users to create interactive charts, tables, and dashboards to get the picture of marketing performance insights in an easy-to-understand format.
- Its customizable and automated reporting helps users create custom reports. It includes charts, tables, and pivot tables. Users can also export reports in various formats, including Excel, Google Sheets, and PDF, and schedule them for automatic delivery. It ensures that users move the needle, not wasting time scouring the haystack.
- The inside advanced analytics consists of the cohort, funnel, and lifetime value analysis in one single widget.
Supermetrics offers multiple plans for all six of its products:
- Google Sheets
- Google Data Studio
- Looker Studio
- Supermetrics API
Oribi is a web analytics platform that helps businesses track and analyze the performance of their website and online content. It offers a simple, no-code and an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that makes it perfect for companies of all sizes to track and analyze their website performance.
- Real-time tracking: Oribi provides real-time data on website visitors, including their location, behavior, and average business interaction over time.
- Its magic events features allow 100% code-free event tracking and record everything visitors do on the website—every button click, form submission, page visit, or purchase—making users completely independent from developers.
- Visitor Journeys: Users can also follow single visitors across different sessions and multiple domains. It filters out visitors to look into journeys of specific segments.
- Funnel analysis: Oribi again tracks what works, what doesn’t, and how to drive more conversions. With this, users can easily uncover where they lose prospects, even across domains.
- Chanel analysis: Spots channels that bring the most engaged prospects and conversions. Also, recognize the ad spends and compare multiple campaigns by their UTMs — simply, access which channel contributes to the company’s goals and ROI.
- Basic plan: $19/month
- Custom plan: depends on the firm’s requirement
Clicky is again a web analytics and website tracking software that provides real-time data and insights on website traffic and user behavior.
- Clicky tracks individual visitors and provides detailed information on their behavior, including which pages they visit, scroll depth, and where they came from.
- It shows heat maps that display easy-to-digest insights about visitors — number and status of clicks on a website, allowing users to identify which elements of a page are most popular and which may need to be adjusted.
- It gives detailed analytics for mobile traffic, including device type and screen resolution, letting users optimize their marketing and content for mobile experience.
- With clicky, users get media/video analytics, too. Their API lets users track interactions with HTML5 and Flash video players. This means it’s easy to find when users play, pause, seek or finish the video.
- Free for under 3000 daily website visitors.
- Stater plan: $9.99/month
Last but not least, Whatagraph is a robust cross-channel reporting and digital analytics tool that helps businesses to track, measure, and analyze marketing performance with clients and teams.
- Whatagraph’s 40+ integration allows users to connect their marketing data in one place and with many platforms.
- Its automated sharing feature lets users schedule reports sent out to be right on time every time. Users can share a link to a live report with customers and clients when they desire to see updates at any moment.
- The inside template gallery or the “Smart builder” feature helps to create custom marketing reports. Start with a blank page if needed with extensive customization.
- It offers custom branding across omnichannel that includes color schemes, logos and the user’s domain.
- Data visualization: Whatagraph uses interactive charts and graphs to help users understand their data and make better decisions. So, get a bird’s eye view across clients, campaigns and more.
- Professional plan: $199/month
- Premium plan: $299/month
- Custom plan: For large marketing agencies and businesses with complex reporting needs
Monitor your marketing efforts with analytics tools
Content marketing is a must-have these days. But in the race of pushing out the best content, all media keeps piling up. It’s hard to keep track of what’s working and what’s not. That’s where analytics tools come in.
Tools let you track the performance of your marketing campaigns so you know what’s bringing in the ROI. For more knowledge on content marketing, get in touch with Contensify today.