To improve your website traffic with organic marketing, you must focus on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is all about understanding what your target audience is searching for. Understand their pain points to find the type of content they’d like to reach or what words they type while searching.
All this requires extensive customer, competitor, and keyword research. Finding keywords, analyzing your competitors’ websites, and gathering relevant data for your site optimization is time-consuming and tiring.
SEO tools make the job easy for you. Automate these tasks with SEO tools to save more time and spend it on the creative side of marketing. This blog contains the top 10 best SEO tools to improve the rankings of your website.
Why do you need SEO tools?
Google analyzes more than 200 factors to rank a website. Tracking them manually is almost impossible. That’s why you need the best SEO tools to help you with day-to-day SEO tasks.
Here’s how SEO tools help you improve the quality of your content and rank higher on Google:
- Automate SEO audit to save time and money: Keyword research, competitor analysis, link building, and monitoring reviews are just some of the daily tasks under SEO. Executing all these manually is difficult and time-consuming. SEO tools automate these tasks and provide the end data for your analysis.
- Find high-converting up-to-date keywords: Keywords reflect what your target audience is searching for. SEO tools provide lists of relevant keywords to use in blogs and social media content so that your website pops up when people search for them.
- Provide KPIs: SEO tools let you monitor your SEO performance with KPIs. Track progress to keep improving your SEO strategy.
- Monitor your competitors’ SEO strategy: Keeping track of your competitors actions is essential. Keep an eye on their website traffic, backlinks, and much more with the best SEO tools for marketers.
Top SEO tools to increase your Google rankings
Now that you know how SEO tools improve your website ranking, it’s time to pick the best one. Below are the top 10 SEO tools in the market:
Ahrefs is one of the best SEO tools in the market for its brilliant free features and top-class SEO blogs. It’s an all-in-one SEO tool for keyword research, competitor research, backlink strategy, and much more—a must-have for all marketers.
- Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer lets you see monthly search traffic, keyword difficulty, number of clicks per month, and Cost per Click (CPC). Filter countries or see global search volume in a single click.
- Ahref shows estimated search traffic for top-ranking pages on Google. It’s the amount of traffic a page gets during a particular time. Most tools show the search volume of top-ranking pages based on a single keyword’s search volume, but ranking depends on multiple keywords on a page.
- Track your backlink growth easily with graphs in Ahrefs. Ahrefs uses web crawling technology and infrastructure to help you compare year-on-year backlink growth. Compare your growth with your competitors and make a strategy accordingly.
- The top Subfolder feature in Ahrefs lets you see traffic for each page of your competitor’s website. It pinpoints the section on their website which is gathering the most traffic.
- Monitor your website’s outbound links with Ahrefs. It provides a “linked domains” report that shows all the broken links so you can fix them.
- Lite Plan: $99
- Standard Plan: $199
- Advanced Plan: $399
- Enterprise: $999
Semrush – a direct competitor of Ahrefs – is another multipurpose SEO tool. Semrush toolkit helps you track and manage your SEO performance and create SEO strategies to rank higher on Google.
- Use Semrush’s SEO audit tool to find and fix your website’s on-page SEO and other technical issues. It uses a high-speed crawler and provides actionable solutions within minutes.
- Log File Analyzer helps you see how Google’s crawlers interact with your website. Find and fix navigational and structural issues so that Google gets a better glimpse of your content and ranks it higher.
- The content marketing toolkit in Semrush comes with topic research, the marketing calendar, a content template, a writing assistant, post tracking, and a content audit tool. It acts as a guide for your content marketing strategy, which helps you in every step of the process, from ideation to creation and then execution.
- The local SEO tool comes with listing management that distributes your business data across various directories in a few clicks. It also lets you track your local rankings in those directories.
- Do a competitor analysis for a single keyword and compare five competitors to find gaps in your content or keyword strategy. Semrush also provides relevant metrics to measure your keyword performance.
- Semrush offers robust backlink analytics where you find top referring domains and recently gained and lost backlinks for all your competitors. See which domains link to your competitors but not you. Pitch people from that website and acquire more backlinks —sneaky, isn’t it?
- Pro: $119
- Guru: $229
- Business: $449
Clearscope is an SEO writing tool that lets you use as many keywords as possible without really stuffing them. Clearscope makes your content more relevant and comprehensive to readers and crawlers.
- Clearscope uses advanced language processing and machine learning on top-ranking pages to figure out what you should be talking about while creating blogs on similar topics. It creates reports for targeted keywords and presents words and phrases to use in your content.
- Clearscope integrates with Google Docs and shows the keywords within your document, so you quickly add relevant phrases to your content. It also suggests the number of times you need to repeat a keyword to make your content more rankable.
- Clearscope lets editors create efficient content briefs and outlines by suggesting top-ranking pages and their content structure. Editors can share the blog links with writers for reference. It also shows questions from the “people also ask” section so the editors can share them in the outline as FAQs.
- Clearscope shows popular keywords for a topic with their search volume and CPC. It marks some keywords “trending” to see what people are currently searching for.
- Essentials: $170/month
- Business: $1200/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Surfer is one of the best free SEO tools that lets you see the search volume, cost per click, and estimated traffic for your competitors’ pages. It’s a chrome extension that you can install, and it works on Google automatically.
- Surfer’s Grow Flow gives you daily AI-generated tasks to grow your SEO strategy. This feature makes Surfer one of the best SEO tools for marketers since they can use it to grow website traffic and learn content strategy along the way.
- Surfer integrates with Google Docs and WordPpress to provide content optimization tips in real-time. It provides a ‘content score’ for you to check the relevance of your content. It also suggests relevant phrases to improve the score immediately.
- Surfer lets you conduct an SEO audit of your website. Find SEO errors or check if you can repurpose an old blog to attract more traffic today. Surfer provides insights on content length, page speed, missing backlinks, keyword density, NLP entitled coverage, and meta tags structure.
- Surfer provides an AI-generated outline for your blog. The outline includes multiple headers and even paragraphs full of relevant keywords. Copy the text to ease your writing job and get work done faster.
Free Plan is followed by:
- Basic: $49/month
- Pro: $99/month
- Business: $199/month
5. Google Search Console
Google search console is a great SEO tool for marketers to optimize their sites for free. It lets you monitor your site’s performance on SERP and make informed decisions about how your content should look.
- The performance tab in Google Search Console lets you see what keywords your website ranks for. It shows how many clicks or impressions you get on your site. Use this data to optimize your title and meta description.
- Index coverage in the search console shows how many have Google indexed from your website. Google indexes website pages to rank them. If your pages are not indexed, they don’t exist in Google’s library. Google search console presents errors and warnings to improve your page’s indexing capabilities.
- The enhancement tab in the search console suggests improvements for your website. For instance, it shows your loading speed for both desktop and mobile and the quality of external and internal links to your website. Use this tool to improve your website structure or URL to increase your rankings.
- Manual Action tabs show the qualities that Google has placed on your website. You receive a penalty when you buy links, somebody hacks your site, or the content is irrelevant.
Moz is one of the best SEO tools for marketers with advanced-level SEO features. They’ve been in the SEO market for years and have stayed relevant. Moz has a pro and local version with different plans for each. Choose one based on your requirements.
- The domain authority feature in Moz shows you the strength of your website. Moz updates this feature every once in a while to stay updated with Google updates. Monitor your domain authority to see where your site stands compared to your competitors.
- ‘Keywords clusters’ in Moz is an excellent upgrade from keyword tools that show a single keyword’s performance. Moz shows the performance of keyword clusters that revolve around one primary keyword. Create different keyword clusters for each of your products to rank higher.
- Custom reports in Moz let you share your SEO reports with stakeholders. It depicts your SEO performance through graphs and charts for better understanding. It has custom formatting for adding bullet points, links, images, and notes.
- The keyword research tools allow you to find, prioritize and compare keywords for your campaigns. Search for your preferred keywords and import them into the keyword list seamlessly.
- Standard: $99/month
- Medium: $179/month
- Large: $299/month
- Premium: $599/month
- Lite: $14/month
- Preferred: $20/month
- Elite: $33/month
Ubersuggest is a popular SEO tool by one of the famous digital marketers, Neil Patel. The Neil Patel website deals with SEO and marketing. If you’re a content marketing beginner, both the website and tool will work great.
- The SEO analysis tool provides a website analysis report with all the errors on your website. It includes site speed for desktop and mobile, along with backlink information with domain score, referring domains, and organic traffic.
- The A/B testing tool lets you analyze the performance of a website design or copy. It tracks the number of page visitors and conversions to determine the best option for your website.
- The AI writing tools generate custom content for your website. Provide keywords of your preference and an AI tool to create titles, meta descriptions, and even paragraphs that you can use for blog introductions, conclusions, or captions on social media.
- The website traffic checker lets you analyze your competitors’ website traffic. Your searches are confidential, so nobody knows you’re searching for their website. The tool provides domain authority, backlinks, and organic traffic to each page of their website.
8. Keywords Everywhere
Keywords everywhere is a chrome extension that reduces the back-and-forth of keyword research. It shows monthly search volume, cost per click, and competitor data right under search results on Google.
- Keywords everywhere gather data from “people also ask for” and show related keywords sections of Google. You see the keyword volume right inside the website’s pages.
- Keywords everywhere gather data from Google, Bing, YouTube, Amazon, Answer the Public, eBay, and Etsy, so you don’t have to conduct multiple searches on these websites.
- Like Google Trends, Keywords Everywhere provides historical data for each keyword and shows its relevance over time. The data starts from 2004.
1 Credit = 1 Keyword
- $10 = 10,000 Credits
- $50 = 50,000 Credits
- $100 = 100,000 Credits
Woorank is a website optimization tool that lets you run tests on your website to find errors. It suggests ways to improve your website’s SEO to rank better on Google.
- The website score in Woorank shows real-time growth when you make changes to your website. It’s great as you don’t have to wait for user interaction to determine whether your website performance will improve.
- The competitor tool shows you the SEO score and on-page results of your competitors’ websites. See what keywords they’re targeting and track their SERP position on Google.
- Woorank offers excellent reporting for SEO agencies to share performance reports with their clients. The dashboards capture how the SEO performance has grown through the months and present it in attractive charts and graphs.
Enterprise: Custom Pricing
10. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that helps you optimize your website content to rank better on Google. It notifies you about SEO gaps and optimization opportunities on your site, so keep making improvements.
- Yoast analyzes your paragraphs for the optimum length and keyword density. It also analyzes your sentence structure to increase the readability of your blogs and ensure higher retention for your audience.
- Yoast checks the quality of links on your pages. It determines whether you have enough blog links to obtain authority on SERP and ensures you don’t have any ‘no follow’ links.
- It analyzes your permalinks and allows you to remove any stop words in your URL.
- Yoast lets you share your posts directly from the app. For instance, if you want to share a post on Facebook, it allows you to write a title and description inside the app.
- Premium: $99
- Comes with add ons
Choose the best SEO tool for your business
SEO is the most important investment for your digital marketing strategy. Pick the tool that fits your business needs and budget. Remember that SEO takes time. Set realistic expectations from your tool. For more help with content marketing, get in touch with Contensify.