It’s important for B2B brands to stick with industry trends and changes to keep up with the ever evolving digital landscape. But is relying on trends alone enough? While it may be tempting to hop on social media trends, delivering value to the audience should be a priority for any B2B brand. Thus, social media content ideas for B2B could include creating informative and educational content that addresses industry pain points and challenges.
Social media plays a significant role in B2B marketing, with 93% of B2B marketers using it to promote their businesses. Additionally, 75% of B2B buyers search for information on social media before making a purchase decision.
To capitalise on this, B2B brands must have a strong social media presence and deliver valuable content that attracts and engages potential customers. By doing so, they can establish themselves as industry leaders and build trust with their audience, leading to business growth and stronger customer relationships.
Now, you may be wondering where to start. Don’t worry!
By the end of this blog, you’ll have some unique social media content ideas for B2B brands without sticking to trends.
Social media content ideas for B2B brands who don’t want to hop onto trends
Trends come and go. They only help generate excitement and interest in the short term, but delivering value contributes to long-term success and customer retention.
Here are some social media content ideas for B2B brands that will help you grow your business without following trends.
1. Share educational content
Educational content makes it to the top of social media content ideas for B2B. The content intends to educate or inform an audience about a particular subject or topic. It typically focuses on providing valuable insights, tips, or best practices that help solve audience problems or improve their skills and knowledge.
Creating educational content for your B2B brand is one of the best content ideas because
- You can position yourself as an industry leader by sharing knowledge and expertise on specific topics. This helps you build credibility and authority to retain existing customers.
- You can demonstrate the value of your B2B brand by addressing customer problems and providing solutions through educational content.
- By engaging and informing your leads through content that aligns with their needs and interests, you can increase the likelihood of converting them into customers.
- Creating shareable and valuable content can extend your reach and attract new audiences to your brand.
For example, Flits regularly shares social media posts that provide educational content related to eCommerce, personalization, and customer loyalty. These posts include tips, best practices, and insights that help their audience improve their eCommerce businesses.
2. Post behind the scenes content
Sharing behind the scenes is the best social media content ideas for B2B to give your followers a sneak-peak into what goes behind running a successfulcompany. You can show these behind the scenes in multiple ways, such as photos, videos, and live streams.
Here’s how behind-the-scenes content: outperform all other social media content ideas for B2B:
- When you give a glimpse of how your B2B company operates, it makes your business more relatable and helps to humanise it.
- It helps you build a strong connection with your audience as they know the real people behind the brand.
- This can provide insights into your business process and workflows, making clients understand how your business operates and provides value.
- You can differentiate your business from competitors by sharing unique insights and experiences that your competitors don’t.
For example, Contensify uses social media to share images or videos from company events, such as team outings or conferences, which can give followers a peek into the company culture and what it’s like to work at Contensify.
3. Product demonstrations
Create short, concise demo videos that showcase your products and services using social media features such as Reels and Live. These videos can be shared on social media platforms for easy viewing by your audience.
Need help with social media marketing for B2B? Contact us at Contensify today!
Here are some reasons why you should share your product demo content on social media:
- Customers find product demonstrations more engaging than any other content. It is because they get to see your product or service in action.
- Sometimes understanding your product features and benefits can be challenging. Thus, product demonstrations make it easy for your audience to understand your product or service in depth.
- These videos show your product’s quality and effectiveness, resulting in increased brand credibility.
- Product demonstrations shared on social media platforms have the potential to reach a wider audience than other forms of content.
For example, Appstle creates short videos that showcase its products and services. They share these videos on their social media channels highlighting the features and benefits of their products. The brand also hosts live product demonstrations on social media platforms to engage with its audience in real time and answer questions as they arise.
4. Highlight customer success stories
Need inspiration for social media content ideas for B2B? Start sharing customer success stories. Why? Because they serve as social proof, a powerful marketing tool. When potential customers have a positive experience with your product or service, they are more likely to trust your brand.
When sharing customer success stories on social media, keep the following in mind:
- Use visuals
- Personalise the stories
- Focus on the results
If you’re not keen on jumping on social media trends, here’s how sharing customer success stories can help.
- Sharing customer success stories on social media demonstrates that customers can trust your product or service.
- Customer success stories play a key role in proving the value of your product and how it helps solve customer problems.
- You can build a sense of community around your brand by sharing customer success stories. Getting existing customers to share their success stories on social media can help attract new customers.
- Customer Success Stories are a great way to connect with your customers. Sharing these stories can increase brand awareness, build trust, and gain new followers.
For example, QuickReply, a customer service software company, highlights the specific results the customer achieved with their product. This helps the brand demonstrate the value of its product and build trust with potential customers.
5. Feature employee spotlights
Sharing employee spotlights is important for B2B brands to showcase their team members and highlight their expertise. By doing so, your B2B brand can create a stronger connection with its audience and ultimately drive business success.
There are many benefits of featuring employee spotlights for your B2B brand:
- It helps to humanise your brand and create a more personal connection with your audience.
- Featuring employee spotlights allows you to showcase your knowledge and expertise, helping you position yourself as a thought leader in your industry and establish credibility with potential customers.
- By showcasing the expertise and personality of your team members, you can attract top talent to your company.
- Customers often find this content engaging and shareable, which can help you increase brand visibility and reach a wider audience.
For example, Flits leverages social media platforms such as LinkedIn to showcase its company culture and employees. The brand shares posts, stories, featuring its employees, highlighting their contributions, behind-the-scenes, team building activities, etc. This showcases that the company values its employees and encourages a fun and collaborative environment.
6. Share case studies
One of the best social media content ideas for B2B is to share in-depth case studies. These case studies can demonstrate how your product or service has helped a specific customer or industry. This can help to establish your brand as a trusted solution provider.
Here are some reasons why sharing case studies should be part of your social media content strategy:
- Showcasing how your product or service has helped your customers succeed helps build their trust and confidence.
- Demonstrating the value of your product or service through case studies makes it easier for potential customers to make informed decisions.
- Success stories you share in the form of case studies create excitement and encourage potential customers to reach out and learn more.
- Case studies are a form of content that your audience can engage with and share. This will increase your brand awareness and reach a wider audience.
For example, TxtCart tailors their case study content to the social media platform on which they are sharing it. Look at this Instagram carousel post where the brand talks about Gold Cultures’ success story and how TxtCart helped the brand grow and increase sales while retaining customers.
7. Highlight company milestones
Share company milestones like anniversaries, awards, and events or major achievements on social media platforms. While trends may come and go, a company’s story and history are unique to you, and sharing these milestones will help you build a more meaningful connection with your audience.
Below listed are some more reasons to highlight company milestones instead of hopping on social media trends:
- Sharing company milestones on social media will help your B2B company connect with customers and build stronger relationships. This can lead to repeat business.
- You can build credibility and trust with potential customers and partners by sharing milestones and achievements demonstrating your expertise.
- You can boost your brand visibility and awareness by sharing milestones like product launches, significant partnerships, or new office openings.
For example, Shopney shares regular updates on its social media channels about its progress towards its goals. Look at these posts where they have shared news about reaching a particular milestone, such as hitting a certain number of downloads, app installs, or customer sign-ups.
8. Share industry news and updates
If you’re running short on social media content ideas for B2B, sharing news articles, reports, and statistics relevant to your industry to keep your audience informed is the best alternative to hopping on trends.
Sharing industry news and updates is a valuable content strategy for your B2B company for several reasons:
- You can establish your B2B company as a thought leader by sharing industry news and updates.
- Demonstrating your knowledge and understanding of the industry can help you stand out from competitors and differentiate in a crowded market.
- You can easily build a loyal audience by providing valuable information and helping them stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments.
- Unlike trends, which may be short-lived, industry news and updates are often relevant over a longer period.
For example, the TrackiPal PayPal auto-sync app creates original content such as infographics, videos, or blog posts that cover industry news and trends. This helps the brand establish itself as a thought leader in the industry. Take a look at some of its posts on social media, where it has shared recent stats and other relevant information.
9. Host Q&A sessions
The most underrated social media content ideas for B2B is to interact with your audience through live or pre-recorded Q&A sessions. Q&A sessions can remain relevant over time as opposed to transient social media trends. This means you can still provide value to your audience even after the Q&A session is over.
Hosting a Q&A session is valuable for his B2B brand because:
- You can showcase your expertise and knowledge by hosting Q&A sessions related to your industry or products. This helps establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry.
- Q&A sessions provide valuable information to your audience and help them better understand your brand’s products and services.
- You can build a sense of community by hosting Q&A sessions and engaging with your audience personally and meaningfully.
For example, Contensify has used the Instagram reel feature to host Q&A sessions where they briefly discuss a particular topic with industry experts. This can help build trust and loyalty with the audience, who see the brand as a valuable resource.
10. Share free resources
You can offer free resources, including eBooks or whitepapers that provide valuable insights, best practices, or solutions to common problems within their industry. You can make these resources available for download on social media or other channels.
Here’s why offering free resources make it to the top of social media content ideas for B2B:
- By sharing free resources, you can prove your expertise in the field. This can help you build trust with potential customers and improve your brand image.
- You can generate leads by asking users to provide their email addresses or other contact information in exchange for the resource.
- Offering free resources can help you build a loyal following and boost your conversions.
- If customers find a particular resource useful or interesting, they might share it on social media, increasing your brand visibility and helping attract new customers.
For example, Appstle has created this downloadable ebook and promoted it on social media. This ebook provides valuable insights or solutions to common problems within their industry. Users can download the ebook by clicking the link in the bio and providing their details.
Now focus on value, not just trends for your social media success!
In today’s fast-paced business world, keeping up with the latest social media trends is essential to staying relevant. But while trends are important, delivering value to customers should always be a priority for your B2B brand. By understanding customer needs and developing products and services to meet those needs, you can build lasting relationships and increase loyalty and retention.
Focusing on delivering value also sets you apart from competitors more interested in following trends than meeting customer needs. Trends come and go, but the value never goes out of style, making it an investment in the long-term success of your brand. So, while staying alert to the latest social media trends is important, prioritising value is key to building a strong and loyal customer base that will stand the test of time. Execute the social media content ideas for B2B companies listed above and see results pouring in.
At Contensify, we understand the importance of delivering value to your customers and can help you with social media marketing for B2B that prioritises this approach.